This year’s McDonald Lectures will be delivered by Christopher Insole of the University of Durham.
Each lecture begins at 5.00pm in the University of Oxford Examination Schools.
Meditations from Purgatory: Kant, Freedom & Happiness
- Oct 29: ‘I am from Eternity to Eternity’: God in Kant’s Early Thought
- Oct 30: ‘Whence then am I?’: God in Kant’s Later Thought
- Nov 5: Kant’s ‘Only Unsolvable Metaphysical Difficulty’: Created Freedom
- Nov 6: Creating Freedom: Kant’s Theological Solution
- Nov 12: The Dancer and the Dance: Divine Action, Human Freedom
- Nov 13: Becoming Divine: Autonomy and the Beatific Vision